View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 01:54 AM   #11
Kingston

Thanks guys!

The 325e has been trailer-ed to St. Louis to be fitted for a roll cage and get the motor built. I've essentially given ownership of her to our race team (Team BAA, AKA Team Bavarian Alcoholics Anonymous). The team captain, who's also my boss, is also financing the rest of the build. But I do have a guaranteed ride in the Chump Car series!

I Lilo's place, I've bought an Alpineweiss `87 325iS. She'll end up getting the S52, and most likely, my sedan will become my track car!

I will be getting rid of the steel wheels. I'll PM you when the new wheels are on, but it'll still be awhile...

My wife has named the car 'The Orchid." For anyone who watched the show Lost, you may recalled that John Locke was obsessed with a Hatch (so hatchback joke there). I told her I thought she should name her car John Locke. Instead, she decided to name the car after one of the stations on the island, the Orchid.

I did just a few things today. '

First, I replaced the driver's side hood strut as it was completely blown. Nice to not have the hood clobbering me on the head.

Next, I replaced a torn intake boot (the one right after the MAF) with a new one.

Finally, I replaced the glove box handle with a new one, as the existing one was broken and hanging off.

In 2 months, I get a Big Check from my work (sort of a bonus), and then the real fun begins. The M44 comes out and gets all-new gaskets and seals, and timing gear if needed. We want to replace the tan dash with a black one. Then it's the M Tech moldings all-around the car. Then Billstein Sports w/ Eibach ProKit springs. Much to do!!

Last edited by Kingston; 02-12-2012 at 02:51 AM. Reason: forget info!
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote