View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 06:50 AM   #13
Mr. Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbake504 View Post
I Have been seeing different tuning chips and what not on the internet for the ti's. Some of them seem pretty crappy but others seem alright, I don't want to spend 200 bucks on tuning chip but I see these chips that people that get the tuning chips off ebay and from reading their feedback they seem legit. Basically, I'm wandering what people think about ebay tuning chips for a little extra power? Let me know your thoughts.
Im not too sure on the quality of chips that are seen on ebay. But with this sort of mod, I would agree that you get what you pay for. And these prob. wouldnt be a good idea to mess with when it comes to your ECM. If you have an OBDII....the electrical complications can drive you up the wall. If something goes wrong. I would def. have a professional or an experienced individual install this type of performance mod. and tune the system to have any type of significant difference. And BTW, my motor is chipped with a Dinan chip and I love it! I can take it all the way up past 7 with full power at every gear! If def makes a very noticable difference in performance in my opinion. I'll prob. get a tomato thrown at my dome, but I've heard it can increase HP by as much as 20. I would say get one, but get one that has a trusted name. Or just have Johnboy drop a turbo in. good luck!