View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 11:19 PM   #22
Altitude

Hi there SewickleyBMW,

I saw your ad on ebay and was really intrigued by this question you had in your ad..

Question,
Quote:
Hi, question for you, where did you get the number of 271 club sports made. I have two, one red and one black, the black is on of three I understand without a sunroof. I see you are a BMW tech so I am guessing you know the numbers just have always been interested in finding the exact number made. Thanks for your help.
Answer,
Quote:
I got the number by taking my chassis number (AM53701) and working out going both directions until the production run ended. They were all produced in succession one after the next. AM53460 to AM53731 is the production range.

That is just so cool that you did this. I have been curious about this number as well, Thank you.

I remember seeing this over at Bimmerforums awhile back and did not know the source of the info, now I know.

I would like clarification on the chassis numbers if you do not mind. Was AM53460 a Club Sport? And was AM53731 also a Club Sport? If so, then there were actually 272 made, not 271. Just for historical and mathematical accuracy's sake.

Good luck on your sale!
Steve

Still looking for a monthy driver
1988 M3 parked
1967 2000cs parked
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote