View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 06:27 AM   #14
Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysbmw View Post
I have a 95 clubsport with the red and black leather/cloth with m3 miras i just bought mine last week for $4,000 with 141k miles it is jet black I dont know if it has lsd my other 97 318ti active has traction control button on dash but my clubsport doesent have a button on dash but i love driving the 95 on corners it handles even better than my 97 so now i am going to sell my 97 318ti active.
LSD was part of the '95 club sport package.

No LSD in '97, AFAIK.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthrea...t=limited+slip
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullmand View Post
After late '95 early '96 the limited slip was no longer an option and the car was equipped with ASC+T(Automatic Stability Control + Traction, I think). This system is much less complicated and intrusive than I've heard DSC is. It uses the ABS sensors to monitor the rear wheels for slippage. It then uses the ABS system to brake the wheel that is slipping. If that's not working it uses a secondary throttle body in the intake to cut power. The only extra weight is that little throttle body and a handful of electronics. The good thing about ASC+T is that it can be turned off completely with a button on the dash. Other than not having an LSD, there is no drawback to having a car with this system.
Den is offline   Reply With Quote