View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 10:55 PM   #6
Altitude

Oh that explains it now.

It must be a new problem that just popped up or was overlooked, either way there was no mention of it to me.

I have bought two non ti cars in the past, only to find out a week later a very similar "mystery" electrical gremlin that showed up on both cars.

From the engine cutting out while driving (not fun on I-25 during rush hour) to not starting one minute only to start later the next time for no reason, to various lights going on and off by themselves like the emergency flashers, turn indicators, headlights that would turn on and off while driving home at night (on 285 in the mountains at night, weeeeeee), and even the horn honking at free will with a mind of its own. It soon failed to be amusing after awhile.

I traced the problem to electrical shorting and corrosion on the circuit board in the main fuse box. It was caused by a water leak from a bad windshield seal.

In both cases one of the major clues was that it always seemed to act up more when the humidity was higher that day and really bad when it just rained or snowed, just like it has been here lately. But it could be many other things on his car, just a guess though.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote