View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 02:05 AM   #4
MisterM52

I tried sending Steven a message but it wouldnt let me, I saw last he was active in the BMW CCA community. Now I sent this email as well not sure if it went through but its something I would like to leave as a open letter to the current administration.

Basically I am willing to take over totally if it comes to that and pay out of my own pocket and have the whole forum software upgraded, which would be a few thousand dollars budget and all. Find a new home in new servers and all the fancy stuff, I have the resources, I wouldn't want this community gone.

Here is the open letter, if its worth anything or if its in the wrong section or I am out of line then my apologies. But I think with some old loyal members or moderators, my background and reach, we can make a difference.

Quote:
Hello there, I am Hyde from New Zealand. I am the new owner of an little red 318ti that has been a bundle of joy, and really found your forum useful. We have our own little project developing superchargers for BMW's and thanks to the 318ti community we started on a SC project for the M42/M44.

Now I hear the site is closing down and I have posted a topic on the feedback page, I see the costs are around $180 per month and really I dont see it getting better, but this is a great resource that should be kept.

So I am wondering if there was something we could work out. If you are getting tired after 15 years, I could potentially take over 318ti and carry the site from here on, maybe move it to our own servers. So instead of it being a negative expenditure for your, maybe even share some of its revenues. I dont know, just dont want to see it go.

Let me know please!

Regards,
- Hyde
MisterM52 is offline   Reply With Quote