View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 06:21 PM   #271
roadrash
That's not Millpoint Blue

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBMWs View Post
How do you like the powerflex bushings? Noise, vibration, handling?
Now that I've driven the car a bit, I'm pretty sure I hear more noise. It's not loud, but I think I hear something that wasn't there before. It reminds me of the sound that a dragging brake pad might make, but I'm confident that there's not an issue with the brakes. I suspect that the bushings allow more minor vibrations to be transmitted into the frame/body where they resonate a bit. Granted, I'm not sure what sort of noise would be contributed to by harder rear sub-frame bushings so this is mostly a big guess on my part. LOL

I haven't noticed any extra vibration.

I also had the front sway bar re-installed at the same time the rear SF bushings were replaced, so overall the handling went from "This feels like a 70's land barge" to "YES! This feels like a BMW!" I'm not sure how much of that is due to stiffer rear SF bushings though.

I went with the purple PowerFlex because my mechanic suggested that a stiffer rear would better complement the front X-brace and Mason front strut bar. Overall... I like it. :-)

Mods 'n' stuff: Star Spoke 43 wheels - X-Brace - Mason Engineering front strut brace - CF gauge overlay - ZHP shifter knob - Racing Dynamics cat-back - Doubled brake lights - M-tech rear spoiler
From Page 68 of the 1997 Owners Manual: "Vehicles equipped with ASC+T remain subject to the laws of physics."

Last edited by roadrash; 04-23-2016 at 09:49 PM. Reason: clarification