View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 02:26 PM   #34
spidertri

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBMWs View Post
Time to change your signature Dave to a 328ti. Nicely done.
Done. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anassa View Post
Kind of late to the thread, but good to see the wheels being put to good use! From canyon to track, where it belongs!

Nice with the swap too! Good work!
Yeah, I'm very happy with how the 15s turned out. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferj View Post
Quoting this as it is very good information...

I first swapped in an e30 2.93 LSD which wore out the clutches in about 2 years... I replaced it with a 3.15 Torsen LSD which has developed a bad "clunk" and has lots of play on the right side. Both were used with unknown original miles, so both were a crap shoot as far as how long they would last and neither cost me much at all...

I am now rebuilding a 3.46 LSD from an e28 to be (I hope) the last diff I install...

I also just finished my 2nd swap project, a stock S50 into the twin ti, and kept the Getrag. I used the UUC 11.5 lb flywheel/e34 M5 clutch combo on this setup, and it is still attached to the small case 3.45 LSD that came on the car originally, which will need to be upgraded soon as well...
Interesting that the torsen developed a clunk, I hadn't really read about any issues with those. Too bad because the 3.46 torsen came on some Z3s.

Nice, I really want to find a 3.46 clutch type to rebuild. Based on running the smaller 15" tire, 3.46 would put me where I want in terms of top end on some of the longer tracks. That being said, the 3.73 with the M52 is pretty fun to drive, we'll see where it tops out on the straights.

Feeling the difference with just the M52, I can only imagine the S50/52 swaps are pretty awesome. I wouldn't mind doing S52 cams/M50 manifold at some point...

98 328ti Morea Grun slicktop
11 128i space gray slicktop
13 JGC WK2 Deep Cherry

Search | RealOEM
spidertri is offline   Reply With Quote