View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
xxxJohnBoyxxx

When this sensor goes bad it tells the car the outside air temp is too hot or too cold for the actual air temp and then the DME mixes the wrong AFR and causes starting issues and runing issues. I would replace it and it will most likely solve all your issues. It is normally located in the air filter box.

***Edit*** What car are we working with? Year and Model. Thanks...I will look for a better sensor....

Best John Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdegeorge88 View Post
This is the code that came up. Intake Air Temp Sensor 1 circut range performance. Can someone please let me know how i can get this fixed. is it just one sensor? I found an air sensor on partsgeek for like 25 bucks. but i want to make sure its right before i go and buy it.

What are the side effects from having this problem? I am having other issues with the car such as reving itself, not wanting to start sometimes, when you start up the car in the morning its weezes really loud (was told it was just the air intake) I just want to know if those problems are from the sensor, or maybe from something else.

This was the only code on the car.

Thanks guys.
Kay

Last edited by xxxJohnBoyxxx; 10-18-2010 at 06:44 PM.
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote