View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 12:46 PM   #4
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Oh I see, the clips came off of the door panel itself. Well in that case yeah, you'll have to glue them. I'd use epoxy or even JBweld, but make sure that they are positioned perfectly and not upside down or anything. As for the fender, it looks like it's too high or something. The lines dont match up with the lines on the door. Follow the top line and look where it meets the line on the door and then look at the lower line(where the molding is missing) and look where it meets the molding on the door. Anyway, it's a nice looking car otherwise. As for the crack on the bumper, if you can, try to get some epoxy on each edge and see if you could snap it into place where the two broken edges mate up flush. Then sand it with a really coarse sand paper. AutozZone, Carquest and Napa sell fiberglass repair kits. Basically the fiberglass comes in small sheets of fabric. lay down a sheet of fiberglass over the crack and brush on the resin and hardener. Do a few layers, let it dry for a few minutes and sand it smooth. Then spray some flexible primer over it and have it painted. I know your bumper isnt fiberglass, but the fiberglass will make a nice repair. Otherwise, you might be able to use a plastic welder, but thats a little more tricky.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote