View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
xxxJohnBoyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowin 4 View Post
good luck im curious why you want to do this i thought your car ran perfect ??
Well Danny there is a point that the stock DME coded can not match what I'm putting in my car. Barrie's code runs perfect but can not do launch control, anti-lag or no lift shifts unless I have a drag tune which can not be driven on the street. You might understand better when you see what I'm doing with this unit. It has been a great run with the stock DME but it is time to step up and go all out with engine fueling and timing control that is not possible with a stock DME or even a stock DME and piggy-back. Also I like to play with my stuff and always better it unlike some people that like to take their car to someone and pay to have the work done.

This is going to be a fun and should be a big improvement to be able to run closed loop fueling on boost. I will now be running off a wide band O2 and will have multiple tunes at the push of a button. Octane change tunes, economy tunes and others without having to re-flash the DME to get the tune I need.

403 at the wheels is great and I'm very happy for you, it is a big accomplishment to make that kind of power with a BMW I-4. Hopefully soon I will have some dyno video and real HP numbers my motor can make. Maybe I might make the 400hp mark on boost alone then 100hp shot of NOS to make the 500hp I'm looking for.
xxxJohnBoyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote