View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #5
dahamler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuGo View Post
This Is My Rant

So there has been a lot of bull sh!t going on lately. People need to calm down and stop. There has been more b!tching and attacking each other going on rather than helping eachother. We may as well call this site bfc318ti.comorg I mean seriously, what's going on? Are people trying to measure and see who has a bigger cock around here?

Another thing, PLEASE USE THE FREAKING SEARCH SECTION! The same threads keep popping up. Threads that have been discussed a billion times. People, stop being lazy and do a search first before starting a new thread.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/search.php

Thread hijacking has been going on a lot too. I got banned for a whole f*cking year cuz I "hijacked" a thread. But yet, I seen ppl hijack more than 1 thread. Not only they hijack a thread, but they completely ruin someone elses thread because ppl are arguing with each other on someone elses thread. But do they get a slap on the wrist? Do they get timed out for a few days? No! But I don't care about that. What I do care is that if there's a thread going on about...lets say "need tranny swap" we got a royal rumble going on out of no where and ppl start arguing about christmas headlights, ugly hood scoops, disgusting body kits, pink interiors, or someone asking a question not related to transmission and taking over someone elses thread THAT NEEDS TO STOP.

And where are all the moderators? Who is still an actual active moderator? Just steve? Why hasn't there been thread lockings, thread removals, warnings being issued (stop the xxxxx so so xxxxx), thread clean ups, etc. I think a new staff of moderators should be elected. I remember when i first signed up, the moderators were active and keeping this site supervised.

There has been times where Ive been close to just stop using his website and leave for good. I dont because I'm a true 318ti enthusiast. I have learned a lot from this website. I wish I could help but due to all my restrictions I can't.That's why im ranting and hoping for changes. Yes ppl hate me and thats fine. What can I do right? I'm used to it. But I dont think its fair for the new members signing up to see a lot of ppl fighting and hardly helping each other out. I mean what kind of welcoming are they getting?

There's a lot of useless threads (mostly same topics) around and it makes it hard to find the good threads sometimes because of all the retarted ones that happen to pop up first.

It's ok to have a difference of opinions. Not everyone will have the same perspective. But there's a difference between arguing/fighting and disagreeing.

There needs to be a change. What we need is...

1.) New moderators (unless the ones we have now are doing their job and active) to keep this site in top shape (thread cleaning, thread removals for same topic threads already around, warning ppl for whatever needs to be warned, closing threads if it gets out of hand, giving ppl time outs, etc)
2.) Stop thread hijacking
3.) Stop the personal fights in threads or a thread that isn't yours. TAKE IT TO PRIVATE MESSAGES (looks like maverix vs jess are front page headline right now. But it's not only just these two.)
4.) Start the helping each other out again and keeping this place a friendly place.
5.) See #4 to make new members feel welcomed and so they know this is a great website for sources/help.
6.) USING THE SEARCH! http://www.318ti.org/forum/search.php
7.) If have nothing good to say then stfu.

That's all i can say right now. There's probably other things i left out/forgot to mention.

BY THE WAY, I am aware that there's probably a lot of run-on sentences and fragment sentences in this post. And if you feel like making yourself look superior by insulting me about it...please don't. Just shut up. I wasn't trying to turn in an essay here and get a grade for it. If you still feel the need to do so, then I guess do what you gotta do to make you feel like "man." I'm not going to argue with you. Ima let it go and not try to start anything cuz then we wouldn't be trying to start these changes and already start taking a step back wouldn't we?
This is a public forum and I enjoy the unique personalities here, its all in good fun.
OP you should apply point 7 to this thread.
dahamler is offline   Reply With Quote