View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 03:46 PM   #4
L84THSKY

Where were you last year
Just curious, what month build of 1998?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seh
This is my first post on this forum, with a bittersweet purpose. After many wonderful years enjoying my 318ti, I must finally offer her up for sale.

Note that the thread title includes the qualifier "soon". I can't let the car go until maybe the second, but preferably third week of December 2005. Browsing this forum has shown that it can take a while for these sales to complete; hence, I'm starting early.

The car in question is a 1998 318ti Sport in Alpine White, with black leather/black cloth interior and manual transmission. At present, the odometer reads about 37,800 miles. That's right, she has yet to hit 38,000, but probably will before being sold. These are "original miles", not the result of an engine swap or odometer tampering.

I am the original owner and have babied this car its entire life. It has been garage-kept for all but two years and has never been through an automatic car wash. (My current exterior detailing routine favors Zaino products.) No person has ever smoked inside, and no fluids ever spilled. Aside from regular maintenance and replacement of defective parts, the car is 100% stock. Though perhaps not much of an asset at this point, even the brakes and tires are original.

The car has been serviced at only two shops: BMW of Bellevue (WA) for warranty work and Wolf's Foreign Car Service (San Diego, CA) for all other work since. I have complete records of all maintenance work done for the life of the car. It runs perfectly and still gets amazing gas mileage (~29 city, ~33 highway). My only reason for selling is lack of space; a new sedan will be arriving as my daily driver.

Depending on the interest level on this forum ahead of time, I will list the car locally with Auto Trader as we get into early December. In the mean time, please feel free to ask questions. I took plenty of exterior photos (some are unfortunately blurry) last weekend that I can post here or send via e-mail to interested parties.

Price is of course a crucial matter. At this point, I am open to offers and suggestions as I attempt to figure out what she's worth. Let me know what other supporting detail would help.

It will be sad to see her go, but I get the impression here that she'll make someone else just as happy as she's made me.

1998 (July) 318ti, 5-spd
OEM Armrest • Blaupunkt Heidelberg CD50 CD Player/Compact Drive MP3 Player • Diamond Audio 5.25" rear speakers • Navman ICN 530 GPS • BMWALARM.COM (with comfort settings) after market alarm system • Magnecor 8.5mm wires • M-Z3 Shifter/Momo Knob • Burlwood Dashboard • Stromung Exhaust • X-brace • Racing Dynamics Front Strut Bar • Carbonio C.A.I. • 17" Rial Rims • Vader Seats/Heated/Lumbar Support • M-tech Steering Wheel/Front Sway Bar/Front & Rear Bumper • Depos/w 6500K Angel Eyes/6000K HIDs • Clear Corners • M3 Mirrors • UUC Light Weight Flywheel/M5 Clutch/M3 Clutch Slave • E28 3.46 LSD/Mcoupe Cover/E30 Flanges & Halfshafts • UUC S.S. Brake/Clutch Lines • Hartge Roof Spoiler • BavAuto Springs• Bilstein Sport Struts/Shocks • E46 M3 Rear Shock Mounts • SPC Front Camber Kit • Reiger Hatch Spoiler • BavAuto Rear Camber Kit • Dinan Stage II Software • Turner Rear Sway Bar Reinforcements • BMW E46 Auto dimming mirror with Clown Nose alarm • Engine Compartment Light • Heated Wiper Fluid Retrofit • OEM Fire Extinguisher • Da'lan Trailer Hitch • Rear Sun Shade • OEM Fog Light Retrofit • H & R MZ3 Rear Sway Bar/ UUC Adjustable End Links • Cruise Control Retrofit • On Board Computer Retrofit • M3 twistie style side skirts • Carbon Fiber Hood