View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
aceyx

Off the top of my head, the most expensive parts are going to be anything dealing with emissions (secondary air pump - fixable, cat - OEM ONLY). Any accident behind the firewall could get expensive if you have to find body panels to weld in.

Other ti-specific parts like the fuel pump are going to go for a slight premium but are at least within the realm of reason. Most parts are shared with other E36s.

Other differences is the cooling system (weak links - easily preventable) and the frickin windows (fine once you get them figured out).

For a better gauge of maintenance cost, I spend less than $1000/year (on average) keeping the ti going. This includes full-synthetic oil changes, tires, and other wear parts. This past year was just oil changes / inspection and I'm probably looking at at least brakes for the upcoming year.

As for your iX, mind posting pictures of the axles? People here have been pretty inventive on getting an LSD in the back of their ti's, maybe we could lend a hand to get something worked out for your front end.