View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 01:10 AM   #1
bmwracerchick

Default New Car for Mommy. Suggestions?

Hey friends! My mom has come to me about new car questions. Since I am the car expert in the family and I am more in tune with todays cars then my parents are she asked me for help. Now I ask for you help and your opinions in case you have more experience. She doesnt want to spend more then $25,000 and she would like a car that is a hatchback but also more like the wagon type cars. Lately american cars arent favorable so I didnt look much into those and she doesnt personally like the cars ( I was thinking a magnum ) So I ventured onto mazda. I would love her to have a BMW x5 or x3 even the 3 or 5 series wagons but its not in the price range. So back to mazda, she likes the mazda3 5-door with all the goodies and that is $20,000 but she would like more horsepower and unfortunetly the mazdaspeed3 is in the price range but only comes in manual. Then there is the mazda6 sports wagon for the base model its $23,000 and that has more horsepower which I would favor her to go for. My question is if you guys have any other ideas, she is kind of picky but after looking at nissan and honda and all those other companies it seems like the mazda is the best, smartest and the cheapest way to go for her. Anyone have experience with these cars, friends with these cars or family? It would be appreciated, I just dont want my mom to buy something that is cruddy.

PS: the new X5...omg sat in one, played with the sound system, looked it up and down absolutely amazing car!