View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #3
J!m

Vehicles

A quick test might be to un-plug the traction control throttle and see if the driveability issues remain.

This will cause a CEL in addition to the ASC light, so be prepared. If it won't start at all in this condition (not likely) plug it back in and get to the dealer (unless you have a code reader).

Remember to remove the negative cable from the battery and wait a minute or two before doing any un-pluging, or re-plugging of expensive parts...

I'm guessing that the ASC throttle is getting bad info and closing down as if you lost traction. Root cause might be a bad wheel sensor (there are two on the car left front wheel and right rear wheel).

Fuel delivery may be suspect as well. I had my fuel pums replaced under warranty with an improved part. No problems since then. When you go to the dealer next, have them run the VIN and see what recalls were repaired and see if they can get your car up to snuff...

Could be as simple as a bad fuel filter too... Crimped fuel line (any work under the car lately?)

Order Swap Manuals Here => http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12912

WolferJ- gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote