Thread: Overhaul 318ti
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 03:48 AM   #1
Heritage95

Vehicles
Post Overhaul 318ti

Hello enthusiasts! I've had a great week so far. Along with joining the forum usually comes a purchase.. This one was long awaited

Recently picked up a '98 318ti M-Sport, California top, 5 speed in Hellrot red with relatively low miles and a clean title. The suspension was burnt, and the door panels have seen better days. But I'm off to a great start fixing those issues, just did an overhaul on the suspension with some help from a buddy of mine - Lowered it very slightly on Bilstein Sports and Eibach Pro springs, swapped over to e36 m3 control arms / tie rods / and swaybar end links. Had a squeaky steering wheel and also wanted to upgrade so I went with the e36 m3 steering wheel to match everything up while killing two birds with one stone!

Going to do an oil change, flush the gearbox oil and differential fluid next
(Recommendations on Oil preferences would be appreciated).
But with 1 week down and years of ownership to go I'm curious as to where I should go with the next paycheck? I'm not an expert, but this isn't my first BMW. I know I want to keep it relatively stock but I am definitely looking to get this thing going a bit faster!

I'm thinking I'll get a set of staggered wheels, probably from an e36 m3
(Front 17x8.5 / Rear 17x9.5) along with some stickier tires, possibly a TMS chip, and also contemplating a big brake swap in the near future but I'd like to go faster first!

Am I heading in the right direction with these thoughts? Am I missing any key upgrades that could be done for relatively cheap? Please share yours!

Thanks!
Heritage95 is offline   Reply With Quote