View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
mohaughn

If it is dual purpose, and you like the quality of the ride, go with stock OE. Otherwise, if you don't mind the vibration and added noised of urethane go with those. I've noticed that things like the rear urethane trailing arm bushing will grind down and need to be replaced probably faster than stock parts. All in all, urethane for me has seemed to need more frequent replacement in any use where there is twisting or rotation of the parts. Subframe bushings are a once and done kind of thing, but the other bushings on my car have already been replaced after two or three years of track abuse.

The labor on the rear bushings is going to be pricey, not a difficult job, just a lot of work. If you are going to do the rear subframe, do the differential and trailing arms as well. Might as well since you need to take it all down anyway for the subframe.

I'd do everything there except maybe the radiator. Buy one, and keep it with you, but if the current one is not cracked, why throw it away?

Change all your fluids, fuel filter, oil filter, check your power steering pump and lines to see if those are leaking/seeping fluid. Check the belts, and you should be fine. Spare fuel pump and fuel hose is always nice to have on an older car.

Make sure to keep any of the parts you replace that are not broken as spares. May not be good enough to get you back on track, but they can be swapped to get a car home without towing.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote