View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 05:49 AM   #8
kurtf114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebimma View Post
Thats the thread I used to help with the EWS delete, thanks.

Here's an update. I went out this morning to check for spark and fuel again. I was getting fuel from the fuel, but the plugs were as dry as can be, nor were they getting any spark. Which led me to the EWS. So I cut the EWS wire, and now I'm getting plenty of fuel and spark. The only problem now is my starter is clearly shot. Right when the motor is about to turn over and actually start, the starter slips and gives out. So thats tomorrows project.

Now I only have one other problem...
There is no connection for the TPS on the engine harness. I went back down to the donor car, and the TPS connection is part of the chassis harness, which as far as I know, is impossible to get.
I still have the harness of my m42, with the TPS connection.
My question is, is it possible to wire in the TPS plug from my old harness into the new one? Or am I pretty much screwed here?

A couple years ago I wrecked my 93 318 with only 40k miles. I found a shell for a 95 318i and swapped the motor from my 93 into the 95, and the swap went easy. Fast forward to this August, my m42 pretty much stopped running. My friend convinently totaled his 325, so I just snatched his engine with a BavAuto chip, and a UUC lightweight flywheel and m3 clutch, but it seems like his engine is different then every other 325 out there.
kurtf114 is offline   Reply With Quote