View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 07:59 AM   #92
anassa

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIz guy View Post
Looks like your car is doing well. Mine is similar to yours in the way that function>>>form. I am jealous of your Koni struts, exhaust, tune and wheel setups. Your Panasports with 205/50's look just right on your car. However, my Team Dynamics wheels and 205/50's look like I'm riding on donuts whenever I autocross my car. Your gas mileage doesn't look that bad, but your symptoms do sound like a bad thermostat. I would get 32mpg when I drove highway on 205/50s. Now that I'm back to stock 225/50's and doing 100% city, I'm getting 24mpg. No matter what, you can't really complain about the gas mileage.
Honestly my parts come from hours (maybe days by now) of craigslist browsing and even without me knowing it has been three years since I have had the car so it takes time lol. But I will say that I am lucky to find my two wheel setups, I still have not seen anyone with the panasports or the TRM C1's on a E36. I am also lucky that I live in a area (LA, San Diego, San Fran) were there are lots of parts that frequent craigslist, and with patience, almost anything, for any price can be found, but you do need to know what to look for and when you find it you gotta go for it fast. I have found tons of other amazing deals that I have had to let go due to funds, and also due to not needing it so it would just sit in my garage with no use and that's a waste, so I just hope that whoever picks them up will be happy and use the parts accordingly.
Thanks for your kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca View Post
Love your car and your automotive philosophy. Think ever further outside the box and go for the "rat rod" look. You know you want to! Cheers, John
Hahaha now that would be interesting! The reason I am going in the current direction is also due to my close personal tie to Asia, I have spent much of my youth there, and my previous car was a 240sx so I love that Japanese/canyon style that is just based on "I do it because I like it -I think its cool or different and it works! (well works for me...)" - besides the car is going to be driven, so dings and crap will eventually happen. Also I am blessed with some beautiful canyon roads in my area that allow me to stretch the 318ti legs on. I think the "rat rod" look is very unique to the U.S. and even though I look at the style and think "wow cool!" I don't have the culture background knowledge to fully understand it and do it myself - otherwise I would!

Cost/practicality aside, I would love to have a F22C in my ti. The weight of the ti is about the same as the S2000 and has a slicker body (aerodynamics), the I4 is pushed way back in the engine bay so its balanced beautifully and has that high rpm redline that just gives it the feeling of a car made to drive. The 6spd is also as crisp as can be. (I also won't go into uniqueness or keeping it as a I4, or of it being a weird reflection of how a modern s14 may of looked in a e36 ) Mostly though it would in a way be a reflection of me. European looking on the outside with a Asian heart.

Lastly... no one is making a guess on that front bumper and side skirts? What is it a replica of??

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!

Last edited by anassa; 11-17-2014 at 08:02 AM.
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote