View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 06:11 AM   #1
new318ti

Default Help!! Crank But no start.

Well guys this is my first post on this site. I need help on getting my car started. i know the guys and gals on this forum will be of some help. ok so here's the issue at hand. Well i bought the car from my aunt.. it was running while she had it and supposedly it died on her while driving it and now it wont start. I started by putting a new battery on it because well the other one was crap. it cranks fine but it never started once. i hear the fuel pump coming on. and ive even tried starting fluid past the MAF and nothing. replaced the plugs with new ones because they were pretty bad. still no change. checked to see if i was getting spark and i was getting spark on only two cylinders 1 & 3. no spark from 2 & 4.. so i replaced the coil and no change whatsoever. i want to say its the crank sensor but i dont know if it woud give fire to two cylinders instead it shouldnt be giving any kind of signal to any cylinders to spark.(or am i wrong in that assumption) im gonna get it scanned tomorrow and see if i get a crank sensor

any advice given in advance would be greatly appreciated
new318ti is offline   Reply With Quote