View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 01:58 AM   #1
russ318

Default need help with cooling system

i just did a minor rebuild to my m42 and just got it all reassembled. i tried to bleed the cooling system just now and over heated.. just over half.

heres my problem. my electric radiator fan isnt kicking on at all. jumped the fan and its fine high and low works. now how can i check my relays? OH andddd my fuses are kinda confusing me. on the fuse pannel it says that 16 and 41 are my aux fan. fuse 16 is a 5amp and thats fine but fuse 41 isnt even in my car... at all. supposed to be a 30amp and i have nothing. is this something that my car doesnt have like my lumbar support? i dont have lumbar support but my pannel lists it.

also the temp sensor? is it possible that went bad? im thinking no since its reading on the temp guage. am i right?

finally as i was trying to bleed the system i never got heat. i followed the proceedure correctly with car inclined and bleeder screw and cap of and yada yada yada. im no stranger to cooling systems on e30s and the horror stories they all have but idk about these e36/5s.

someone snap their fingers and help me please lol.

thank you
russ
russ318 is offline   Reply With Quote