View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
russ318

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBum View Post
How did you jump the fan exactly?

I test the fan by pulling the plug on the fan switch on the side of the radiator and jumping the center pin to one side then the other. The fan should kick on then assuming it is plugged in. If it is not plugged in you should be able to easily hear the relay's clicking when you jump the pins on the fan switch connector.

Even if the fan is not working the car should still cool fine as long as it is moving. Have you tried driving it?
How I tested the fan was by disconnecting the fan connector and taking 2 makeshift test wires off the battery to the fan. Both high and low settings work. I don't understand what your saying about the relays. Does the car need to be running to here them click? And yes when I bought it I drove a good 15 miles with no issues but had very little heat and the radiator hoses were ballooning up. So I wanted to replace the waterpump. And thats just what I did. Even still obviously no heat and still ballooning is happeneing bit I still haven't bleed the coolant properly just yet. Why, because no radiator fan and afraid of overheating.
russ318 is offline   Reply With Quote