View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 12:19 AM   #14
alika808

Quote:
Originally Posted by monko141 View Post
Been dealing with this nightmare no start issue after replacing a cracked head. No fuel or spark. Sent it to ecudoctors and had it tested for $75 Somehow the DME got out of sync with the EWS. Had them remove the EWS signal from the DME for another $125.
Tried to start it and had the same results as the video above. Turns out the overheating ruined the cam sensor.

By the way looks like they are trying to use an m42 cam sensor on an m44 in the video above. It won't work since the m44 uses a Hall Sensor and the m42 uses a trigger contact sensor.
My car is M44 and I am trying locate the camshaft sensor per instruction located at "under RH front of car rear of radiator" but I cannot find it. It makes sense what you said that M44 uses the Hall Sensor (aka: cam sensor), located at "front of engine" Reference: 1998 BMW 318ti Electrical Troubleshooting Manual. See below.

http://wedophones.com/Manuals/BMW/19...g%20Manual.pdf
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought if the DME is out of sync with the EWS, the car wont crank at all, it will just dead. By the way, where is the video?

Please up-date us whatever you find out.
alika808 is offline   Reply With Quote