View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 03:30 AM   #4
BimmerBum

Vehicles

If you can make it work by bypassing the switch then you have likely found the problem.

Have you tried letting it idle with the AC on and switch plugged in. There's the possibility that you are not getting the car hot enough to kick the fan into high speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2bmw View Post
If your talking about the switch in the side of the radiator I replaced that as well when I replaced the cooling system. So as of now I have it temporarily spliced together so when the car is on it has full high fan on always. I tested both relays and have 12 volts at the high and low with either relay removed. If I unplug the plug that goes to the switch on the side of the radiator and turn the a/c on it still runs the fan on low? I also read that it should be on with ignition on car not started and a/c on but my fan is not on under those conditions. I only get low fan with car started and a/c on. Other then jumping high on with the plug. Any ideas?
Thanks

SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!

www.BimmerBum.com ALL NEW!
318ti Specific Parts For Sale
www.facebook.com/BimmerBum

BMWCCA #132203
95 318ti Club Sport
98 318ti Active S50 Swap

BimmerBum is offline   Reply With Quote