View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 09:49 AM   #1
mickohr

Default HELP - keyless remote, no alarm - SUCESS!!!

i am from auckland, new zealand. i recently purchased a 1999 bmw 318ti m-sport... which is a fresh japanese import. i am the first owner in new zealand. my question would be related to numerous people here asking for help on keyless remote programming. my car doesn't have any security alarm installed, no LEDs beside the lighter and no alarm horns/siren under the hood.

my keyless entry was working fine for the 1st week and i slowly noticed that probably the remote batteries were getting weak as the locks would sometimes work and sometimes not. i bought new batteries (and installed it) and the LED indicator on the remote was responding well... BUT after probably giving it 3 tries in locking/unlocking the doors, it somehow failed and did not respond anymore. the LED on the remote is still working and responding everytime i press any button. my key remote is a 2-button one (please see the photo attached).

i think i might have reset the remote by pressing the buttons on different combinations that's why it doesn't work anymore. is there a way to reprogram or reset/resynch it once again? i have tried the steps indicated by other threads/topics... but ofcourse i don't have a security alarm installed... so the steps of opening the trunk, turning on the ignition switch 5 times, etc. will not work as i don't even have the LED indicator... no chirping sounds as well.

anybody out there who have reprogramed the remote with the same situation? no security alarm... just remote programing.

thanks in advance for the help. i just want to enjoy using the keyless remote once again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	bmw key ring.jpg Views:	286 Size:	124.3 KB ID:	7944  
mickohr is offline   Reply With Quote