View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 12:28 AM   #13
Artem

Vehicles

Oh and just in case people are wondering, in my 'research' I came upon various specs and such. These are some conclusions:

There were three major variations of LTW Wheels:
1. Stamped Forged Staggered set (OEM, 1995)
2. Forged Staggered Set (OEM, 1996-1999)
3. Replica Square set (all replicas are 7.5" wide, obviously non OEM)

The OEM sets were all staggered (8.5 back, 7.5 front, all have ET41 offset).

Interesting notes are that the Cast set is easier to bend/crack than the forged set (I'm guessing they did not design the lips to handle the loads proportionally to the forged ones). The forged set is the lightest and rarest, the cast OEM is rare, and then replicas are a bit more abundant.

When buying a replica set, be very careful in examining the specs - one of mine had a different offset (ET42) and was made in germany, while the others were made in italy.

There is nothing wrong with replica wheels if you have a good set, they are similar to OEM cast wheels in terms of how easy it is to damage them, however they are heavy and I mean HEAVY! I could tell a definite difference between an OEM forged wheel and a replica wheel (And I didn't expect a major difference). OEM forged 8.5 wheel with a tire weighed about as much as my stock 16" wheel with a tire, which was pretty impressive.

Last edited by Artem; 11-13-2013 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Forged edit
Artem is offline   Reply With Quote