View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 02:54 PM   #43
JDL

[QUOTE=Deeznutz;388493]So I just completed this upgrade, and I just have to say if I didn't read this thread again recently I don't know what I would have done. Do not I repeat DO NOT BUY 128I ROTORS OR Z4 CALIPERS, I learned this the hard way. What I ended up using was E46 REAR CALIPERS AND Z4 3.0 ROTORS. This combination seemed to bolt together as intended and the parking brake works. Also I had to pretty much cut the entire back half of the dust shield off as well as the entire curved portion. You have to get pretty close to the parking brake mounting point without going to far. The last issue is the brake line doesn't quite reach, I cut near the hard line mounting bracket and folded it back towards the axle for the line to reach (i know this seems hacked but my car is used as a track car mostly and I don't care to cut it up to make things work) with that said I will try to source longer braided lines or weld the hard line bracket to the swing arm itself. All and all it seems like a solid solution for a rear upgrade if done with careful planning it can be done nice and look OE.

I can confirm the the Z4 rear caliper/rotor did NOT work on my ti with production date of 12/98. So you used the Z4 3.0 rear rotor with which E46 rear caliper? Was the caliper from the 330, 325, or? Thanks!
JDL is offline   Reply With Quote