View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 02:53 AM   #3
Romoser.MD

Thank you for your reply Wake!

I think something is wrong because even on the hottest days I have never seen or heard the fan come on. Even today, I came home from work ( a 20 minute drive ~62 degrees out ), installed the two new relays that came in the mail, and then let the car idle for another 30 minutes. No fan.

Should I be waiting until the hottest summer days to test and see if the fans come on?

I suppose the next step is to get a thermometer of sorts and test the temperature of engine bay? Or how would I test that?

I didn't know how to test by jumping at the sensor plug - I looked it up and finally found a picture tutorial after I installed the new relays. Perhaps I should install the old relays and perform the same test? Maybe it was fixed and it didn't get hot enough?

Perhaps I should change the sensor just in case. I have 145k miles and I do not believe its ever been replaced.

The reason I'm so concerned is because I've had such terrible aforementioned overheating issues when I first bought the car - and was not 318ti knowledgeable to any degree.

Last edited by Romoser.MD; 04-01-2014 at 02:58 AM.
Romoser.MD is offline   Reply With Quote