View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 07:43 PM   #10
lemining

Update:
Today it has happened again. Started the car, waited for revs to drop a bit (warm up) and I was on my way to work. Soon after I took off, little gear with ! inside came on (right by D) and gears would change very quickly (i almost wish that gears would change that quickly on tiptronic) however it was very jerky. I'm not familiar with automatic transmissions (its my first one) but its almost as if it changes gear with either clutch on/off nothing in between.

I bought little obd2 bluetooth scanner, it gets data from ECU normally (graphs of rpm, coolant temp etc.), it shows no ECU errors though even that there is that gear on dashboard lighted up. I do remember when I had my VW and i had vag-com (which is vw/audi/skoda only obd2 scanner), I wasn't just checking ECU but air-bag controller, brake controller etc. I'm assuming obd2 couldnt find anything because it only checked ECU rather than transmission controller (if there is such controller)?

My gut feeling on this matter is that it probably isn't fluid/filter since it happens on cold mornings. I was thinking it could be some sort of sensor; possibly something with temperature. What do you guys think?
lemining is offline   Reply With Quote