View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 06:47 PM   #16
kstadelman

Exhaust has no cats so the other sensors are out of the loop. Seems to run pretty well, a bit lean, but still strong. Jim's conversion book is OUTSTANDING. Anyone doing an engine conversion without his book is going to waste a lot of time and money doing it wrong. Don't "reinvent the wheel," buy the damn book. My car came with 328 front brakes - rotors were shot so I've put in new rotors and pads and bled the brakes all around. Fixed almost all the oil leaks, got a new radiator from Ebay (all aluminum for under $100) fits well and cools just fine. Rebuilt the clutch pedal with new bronze bushing and a UUC stop, put in a new slave cylinder. Wrapped the headers with heat tape from Ebay, put in a quicker shift from a Z3 with new rubber boot. Still gets pretty warm from the transmission tunnel so I have more insulating to do. Went full soft on my shocks but it is still very stiff. The to do list never seems to get shorter. I like that it's a Texas body with 124K miles and no rust. I don't like that in the repaint they didn't put flexible primer on the bumper covers so they look lame.
kstadelman is offline   Reply With Quote