View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 07:49 PM   #1
JPerfect

Default Feeler: Black 1995ti active needs some TLC or part out.

Well, it's come time to make the ultimate decision, and I haven't quite made it yet, but I'm just kind-of on the fence.

I've had my ti for two years, and she's treated me wonderfully. I've treated her wonderfully as well. But as you all know, owning a ti is full of ups and downs... the downs being replacement/maintenance. I really don't have the time to tinker around anymore with the little things, and to tell you the truth, this car has some body damage to it that I'm not prepared to deal with.

She runs great, no problems with engine or trans, the interior is in good shape also. Some small scratches on the front seats from wear and tear, a small crack on the hard back part of the driver's seat, and a couple of small holes in the lower part of the back seat. The headliner is saggy also. Other than that, the door panels, rear inside panels, and dash are in good shape. Sunroof works flawlessly. Matching amber-lit alpine head unit with fully-replaced sound system and Aux/MP3 jack built in to glove box. HVAC works great also.

The bad is the dent on the rear driver's side. The door was 99.9% unaffected, as were the rear bumper and windows. Door closes perfectly fine. The E-Brake is also basically non-functioning (not as a result of the accident). It's just generally worn out and needs replacement. I had bought new rotors for the rear, but the driver's side one didn't fit. This was because the hub/bearing that came with the trailing arm I got from a salvage yard were different from the ti. I guess it was an E30. I'm going to have it measured and figured out next week hopefully.

I guess I'm basically looking for some advice as to whether to part out the car, sell it as is, or fix it and keep it. I'm a full-time student and I have two jobs. I really don't have the time to go from shop to shop getting estimates and not having a car for days. At this point in my life, I'm considering leasing something simple until I can get a real job when I graduate in December and can save up some cash for something nice in a year or so.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-Jeff