View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 02:50 AM   #4
performanceisland

Default Am I making any sense here?

ok so I am thinking its the lifters not working properly yet, not allowing a valve or two not to fully close, cause at first (after the rebuild) I had no compression on all but one cylinder, 45 psi on 3, after messing around with cranking the engine over several times, now I had full 180psi on 1 and 3, and 0 psi on 2 and 4, I changed absolutely nothing, I have a cheap compression guage from autozone but appears to be working fine, here are my timing pics but I am extremely confident in my timing alignments as I installed just the way it was and all timing marks match up, first lobes are /\ as they are supposed to be, sprockets lined up, etc. Now I have the valve cover off and just out of curiosity I touched and attempted to push on the lifters one by one to see if any one of them moves, from my understanding they shouldn't, but when I got to an intake one on cylinder 2 it moved, pushed in with little force, but then sprang back up and now I cannot push it back down, is this what they refer to that the lifters have to fill back up with oil to function properly and until that happens they wont work right? or is it an indication of a bad one, I always thought a bad one is one that you cannot push to compress when you have it out and in your hand, or one that pushes in but does not come back out. I'm going to recheck compression on cyl 2 tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6625.jpg Views:	301 Size:	54.8 KB ID:	15336   Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6627.jpg Views:	321 Size:	57.8 KB ID:	15337   Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6626.jpg Views:	305 Size:	63.0 KB ID:	15338  

Last edited by performanceisland; 11-21-2014 at 02:59 AM.
performanceisland is offline   Reply With Quote