View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 09:08 PM   #1
tctwnd

Default Track Ready Modified 325ti Feeler in NJ

I have finally decided it is time to let go of my baby.

After careful deliberation, the 1988 M3 is going to stay, but the ti is going up for sale. This car was my track car, but became my daily driver once I stopped going to the track. Not driven in the winter for obvious reasons.

I am a long-standing Club Member, car was previously my uncle's, who was NJBMWCCA president for many years, my Father was the President following him.

Here are the basics:

1994 325is motor installed about 8 years ago by previous owner. Car had some problems with drivetrain, suspension, etc. Car was brought to Turner Motorsport to gt problems sorted. All problems were fixed at that point with no future problems related to swap. Car is red.

The Mods:
-1995 m3 front brakes and full front suspension (struts, etc. installed by Turner Motorsport)
-e36 m3 sway in front, M coupe rear sway.
-Bilstein Sport Shocks all around (installed by turner)
-H & R race springs all around (installed by Turner)
-Front m3 spoiler
-e28 3.25 LSD
-custom rollbar made specifically for car and installed
-5-point racing harness
-17-inch Fox wheels (17's needed to fit over m3 brakes)
-club sport black cloth/leather interior from a 1998 ti
-brake ducting from Turner Motorsport
-Shortened shifter from z3, very short and tight
-Fabricated Remus exhaust, car sounds real nice, throaty and growls, but not obnoxious
-Upgraded air filter with fabricated heat shield
-Conforti performance chip
-Mobil 1 and Red Line Fluids regularly
-Turner Motorsport hood pins
-Wooden 14-inch momo steering wheel (debatable whether being sold with car)
-Front strut Brace
-e36 M3 instument panel, no check lights.
-upgraded metal-impeller water-pump
-upgraded sound system, infinity speakers and Alpine mp3 head-unit.

I am sure I am forgetting stuff, expect this list to be added to.

This car is really fast and handles like it is on rails. I don't know how many hp I am putting out at the wheels, but this car can slowly walk an e46 m3 (5-speed) off the line. Did so on 3 consecutive runs to 100mph. The car weighs almost nothing (compared to other BMW's).The car is amazing on the track and is ready to go for and driver school, roll cage a huge plus. This car would make an amazing dedicated track car.

The problems:
This car is in no way perfect. The engine runs strong, drivetrain is straight and suspension is great, but the body has some minor problems. Don't worry, no rust. Minor scratches and blemishes, and interior is not perfect, but no holes in seats or cracks in dash. No interior carpets, an headliner has some marks, but not sagging. No airbags, both were removed, driver side for steering wheel, passenger during mods. No electric fan, but an easy replacement, also allowing you to get rid of the stock cooling fan, good for a few hp, just never needed more. No a/c, broke a long time ago and completely removed for weight and pulley drag. Rattle in left rear, might be shock mount, although upon inspection seemed fine and does not effect handling. Needs new power steering pump, this one is starting to go. A new one can be had and installed form a yard for about $75. Also, believe the 02 sensor neds replacement, gets a check engine light over 6,000 rpm when under heavy accel. Right front headlight clip is broken, using fabricated mechanism now. Also, will need n ew tires and rims are not 100%, perhaps they need balancing, but probably need to be trued. They were not expensive rims to start with and would probably want to be replaced regardless. Comes with an extra set of wheels as well (without tires).

This is the base model car, has no sunroof, no cruise control, or OBC.

This is not a show car but certainly turns heads. It looks nice, sounds great, is fast, and looks very aggressive. Car did pass inspection 8 months ago in NJ.

I am looking to get $7,500 for this car, does this sound reasonable? This is a car that will run circles around a lightly modified e36 m3 at the track, and many others. People are always shocked it is only a 2.5. Also, still has 318ti badging and is one sweet sleeper. I will not start to list how much and what effort has gone into this, and this is not going to recoup even a large percentage. This car has served me well, and just drove it to NC a few weeks ago (one of the warm weekends) with no trouble. The car pulls in every gear and is a pure joy to drive.

feel free to e-mail me at bfarbs@gmail.com with any questions and I will post pics as soon as it gets warm enough (hopefully this weekend).

Ben