View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 07:41 PM   #4
2MIZ129

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul somlo View Post
I doubt that it can be done without removing the lower intake - and I've spent a fair amount of time staring at that coolant pipe and running through it in my mind. I just don't know how you would get at the hoses towards the firewall. Dealing with the lower intake is no picnic, but it's not a showstopper - I'm sure you can deal with it. Most people run into problems with the starter connections - the way the lugs are sized, it's somewhat self explanatory as to where they go. And you could label the rest of the connectors with masking tape, although the last time I did this, I remember them going back together with little ambiguity, either due to pin count or harness length.

Try it - see if it can be done with the lower intake in place. If so, report back, and you'll be a hero. If not, then proceed with removing the intake.

By the way, there's a writeup in the Knowledge Base here concerning cooling system overhaul. There should be some pics of the lower intake manifold being removed and reinstalled.

Hey thanks for the info I really appreciate this awesome community !
I cant believe I was able to remove and install the part leaving the lower manifold on! i did have to disconnect the fuel lines and fuel rail and loosen the "squid" but thats it and was also able to change all 3 hoses that connect to the pipe.. I heard of people taking of the oil housing for more room but I didnt want to do that..my hands are also big someone with smaller hands can probably do it faster.. it was not easy and most was done by feeling around but it can be done! I need to do a write up for everyone here with pictures and tools I used I drove around for a while seems alright but taking out today to test it some more thanks again!

Last edited by 2MIZ129; 01-10-2019 at 07:44 PM.
2MIZ129 is offline   Reply With Quote