View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 05:40 AM   #48
blowin 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx View Post
Do you know your total timing "all in" under boost? Just a few degrees will cause this loss in power and make you think you need to lean it out for more power. Once you get the timing perfect AFR will not make a big difference from 10.7-11.5. Only a few degrees advance will make a 50hp difference on our motors due to the crank stroke causing piston dwell at TDC to hang longer. Timing is a big factor on the MM 2.1L. When changing timing only do 1 degree advance in the map out of Lambda with your AFR at 11.0 and see what happens. After you see the difference from the timing changes then take your AFR to 11.3.

You should like this

I log knock sensors. If you are logging them you can really tune this car in. You will see knock come on and can check AFR and see if it was caused by timing or AFR. This is how Barrie got my car tuned so nicely. If you are logging Knock, RPM, MAF and AFR send my your logs and I can tell you exactly where and what needs to be done to make your tune perfect.
hey john are you running a cat i have mine on its aftermarket with 3'' pipe i was told it would max at 500 hp was thinking of removing it only if it would make a difference.
blowin 4 is offline   Reply With Quote