View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #15
9G3Series

Do it on the relay/fuse board in the fuse box under the hood, just like in this link here that he does on the ABS relay; http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14322

But make sure to identify the right LS relay and the right 30 and 87 pin sockets on the board cause they are not the same location as the ABS's above though.

Here below is my 1994 318 sedan fuse box layout. The LS relay location is #15. I’m not sure whether is it the same as your guys’ ti?

And here my new LS relay replacement p/n 6136 1389 105

However, this bridging does not tell that there is no faulty over the trigger wiring harness form the sensor to the dme and from the dme to the relay nor the relay is good since we have override them all. It just tells us the fan and the fuse are good though.

The way to test the relay is just switching the LS relay to the A/C compressor relay or #14 in the fuse box layout above, if they both are the same as those of mine, and test run the A/C. If the compressor works properly, the relay is good.

The way to check or override the LS signal is kinda tough though. You have to rewiring the trigger harness.

1st, tap on the LS trigger / green stripe or whatever color from the sensor socket cable.

Then undo the fuse box upper housing. There will be 4 hex screws that hold it as the realoem layout below:

Next, locate and tab the other side of the rewiring cable on the 85 pin socket wire under the relay/fuse holder board.

Do you guys follow me?

Last edited by 9G3Series; 08-09-2011 at 05:11 PM.
9G3Series is offline   Reply With Quote