View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
xunearthhxcx

Default 1995 318ti CS .. overheated last night, wont start today.

Hi everyone.. new 318ti owner as of yesterday.. its a 95 clubsport with 97k . Its Hellrot and absolutely gorgeous, looking...

I bought this damn thing last night. test drove it for ~ 5 minutes before buying(drove it around the development).. and ON THE WAY HOME.. check engine light comes on.car started to lose power. then it started overheating.. so I pulled off the road.. light faint white smoke coming from the engine bay...

got the car towed home. waited to start it until today, got new plugs because I wanted new ones anyways and only plug #4 seems to be getting spark. the others are flooded. but this still wouldnt explain why it overheated.. The engine looked to be in great condition and rode very nice when I was test driving..

I literally purchased the car.. then filled the gas tank, and started to drive home when this all happened..

The guy I purchased it from came over and looked it over with me, and we are stumped. I mean, it shows no signs that it blew a head gasket, Nothing is leaking.Im also not the most auto tech savvy but I have a general feel for how things work..

We drained the coolant system and refilled everything to spec. Im thinking and hoping its just the thermostat and distributor..

any suggestions and help is much appreciated. and if theres anyone in AZ who could possibly look at this with me ill pay or buy you a case of beer, whatever! anything will help at this point.

Anthony

Last edited by xunearthhxcx; 07-24-2009 at 09:04 PM.
xunearthhxcx is offline   Reply With Quote