View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 10:52 PM   #6
xunearthhxcx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljess76 View Post
I'd say make sure the cooling system is properly bled, but that's kinda hard to do if you can't even start the car. Will it at least turn over? Start with a leak down test. The kit costs about 40 bucks at your local auto parts store. That'll tell you if your head gasket is blown or not. I'm not sure how long you drove it once it overheated, but in most cases you have less than a minute once that needle starts to move to shut her down and pull over. It could be something simple like a fried temp sensor or a cam position sensor, but honestly I think you're about to spend big bucks on a head resurface and gasket job. If only one plug is getting spark, you might look at your coil pack. Also, if you've recently washed the car, you could check the ECU compartment. It sometimes floods with water and stops everything.
The car does turn over. Just plug #4(the one closest to the windshield shows that its getting spark. all the others show flooded)

im hoping it could be a thermostat? A mechanic friend of mine said something about a "water pump propeller" in regards to the car overheating.

Im having some dude come do a compression test today. Hopefully he can do a leak test also..

In regards to the coil pack.. The car was washed by the previous owner just a few days ago, then we had a monster storm out here in AZ.. doesnt hurt to check I guess!
Im really really hoping that I wont have to spend big bucks..
xunearthhxcx is offline   Reply With Quote