View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 12:49 AM   #21
john318isau

Unfortunately I was probably wrong about it being a fuel pressure problem.

But I was right about the mechanic getting it wrong (unfortunately).

On my way to work this morning, after about 28km the car lost power again. This time worse than usual as it jerked as it lost power. There was backfiring through the exhaust and some through the intake. It sort of kept going and I struggled up a small hill as there was no place to stop then let it idle down the hill and by this time it seemed back to normal. I switched off and restarted to be safe and it drove fine the rest of the way.

I haven't much idea what to do next... I guess the clues are the backfiring, possibly the cam sensor fault code being reported (but mechanic says this often appears due to misfiring), possibly some relation to the fuel leak I had, or possibly due to the washing of the engine bay.

I noticed when looking in INPA that at idle the "lambda sensor voltage 1" alternates between a high reading on the scale and a very low reading. Is this normal?

I also have some variation in "smoothness", but I think it has been like this since I got it. Cylinder 1 and 4 are zero. Cylinder 3 and 4 are around 400 and 300.

And "needed air i.s. controller" is always above maximum rating on the scale (about 10.25)?
john318isau is offline   Reply With Quote