View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
crAppAchic0

Vehicles
Default front sway bar swapping- is it worth it (with coilovers)?

I'm currently installing a set of TCK SA coilovers on my Ti - it's the 'normal' e36 setup with the GC tall RSM's. 600-lb rear springs, 400-lb fronts. The car is a '95 Sport, so it has the 'thicker' front sway bar. I have access to an M3 front sway bar- I understand the M3 front sway bar is of a thinner diameter, but with the alternate attachment points (struts), is it effectively stiffer than the standard control-arm attachment points with the Ti sport front sway bar? If not - does the bend of the Ti Sport bar allow for mounting it to the strut body (using the M3 endlinks)- possibly making it effectively even stiffer?

My ideal setup was to run with no rear bar and the M3 front bar (*I've heard this is a pretty good setup*)... no real weight reduction has been done- I've added a rear rollbar and removed the rear seat back and sides, swapped out stock seats for fixed back Corbeau seats and 5-pt harnesses.

Anyone have any insight to add? Comments, suggestions, outright slander is always appreciated, not necessarily in that order. Thanks in advance!
crAppAchic0 is offline   Reply With Quote