View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 04:05 AM   #10
anassa

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1602 View Post
anassa, thanks for the info, I hope to put it to good use at some point. If I find a z3 more in my price range I will have to seriously look into it.
I'm sure J!M's swap manual goes into a bunch of detail for what donor car to use (if you don't have it, it will make your life 100% easier) but other than the z3m where you get to use basically everything (drive-train + diff - not driveshaft though -, brakes, suspension ) the 2.8 z3 wouldn't be bad - except for the weakness or strength - depending on use - of the aluminum block, and you get the 3.15 diff and steering rack. I was able to pick up my donor 5spd 328is for 1k, the good of the e36 swap is the same engine bay vs z3 and driveshaft also bolts on, just find a diff separately if you want to be geared lower and there are tons of diff options from e30s and z3s (other models too but I just mention those two to keep it simple)

Anyhow, good luck!

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote