View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 04:28 AM   #1
dhong089

Vehicles
Default Lower Intake Mess

Hey guys. So this thread encompasses lots of topics, so I didn’t exactly know where to put it. It mainly has to do with the lower intake assembly but the main problem is the fuel system area. So I’m deep within the task of replacing the starter. I tackled the mission from above by planning to remove the intake assembly. It honestly felt like I was just hacking and slashing away. I was removing random hoses to which I had no idea what purpose they even served. For the hoses and electrical connections I disconnected, I marked them with tape so I can remember where they belong. Doing this job made me realize how complicated my car is… and how restrictive the intake is.. (how the heck does the engine receive air through all this?!?!)

So far, I removed the airbox, the throttle assembly, and the upper intake. I shoved the upper intake stuff to the side. My problem now is the lower intake manifold. How the heck do I remove it?!?!?!?!

Here’s a picture of the progress so far

From the looks of it, I have to remove the fuel rail looking thingy, but I have no idea how to tackle it… All I know is that if I disconnect anything further, I'll have fuel spill explode everywhere. I’ve been staring at this area for about 20 minutes until I finally just gave up.

Here’s a closer up image

Anyone have any ideas what I should do? (besides give up and send the car to a mechanic lol xD)
dhong089 is offline   Reply With Quote