View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #8
dhong089

Vehicles

Thanks for the reply dave~

I’m still not so sure what to do yet. I went in the garage this morning and jacked up only the front end to snoop around. And there it was, my first time seeing the starter. It was a bit rustier than I would imagine. Thing is, I could not even touch the thing. If I had a 5 inch screw driver or something, then I could tap it, but I don’t see how I can access that starter while I’m under there. And to think of taking the thing out (impossible!) My arms just aren’t long enough (and I’m not a short person either, I’m about 5’11!!!)

Also, for the fuel hoses, I will most likely replace them. But where can I find the specific hoses for my specific car/engine? How will I know the hose is the right diameter/size/shape of the old one?

I haven’t done anything yet. I looked at the car from underneath and from up top, and I’m now contemplating on what I should do. Taking the job from top is definitely getting a bit difficult (but hey, the more difficult, the more I learn, right?). And I do want to get the car back on the road a.s.a.p.

Maybe I’m looking at the starter from the wrong angle (or maybe the thing I looked at wasn’t the starter motor.. lol; but I highly doubt that.)

If I have time later today, I’ll try to snap some pictures. But meanwhile, if anyone else has a helpful picture, I would greatly appreciate it xD

Once again, thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it a lot.
dhong089 is offline   Reply With Quote