View Single Post
Old 04-03-2004, 10:22 PM   #4
J!m

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Schlossman
The wheels are a little further back now that you mention it.

I haven't changed the strut hats. Not yet anyway.

The aluminum E30 LCAs will fit. Not sure which bushing they use. As you know, 95M3 are centered bushings, +96 are offset. Are they really worth the money for some weight loss?

The car is very well balanced. It does exactly what I tell it to do on the track. Unfortunately I don't always tell it the right things.

I'll be at Mid-Ohio memorial Day weekend. The car absolutely loves that track more than any other.
I tink you are a bit mixed up with the bushings. The 95 is offset, and 96+ are centered. This is why your wheels (with 95 arms and 96+ bushings) are set back a bit.

Mine, on the other hand are 96+ arms with 95 bushings, so they are set forward a bit.
I'm also fairly certain the E30 used offset bushings for the M3 only, as the LCA's are the same for M and non-M cars (as far as I know). Only difference being aluminum for less UNSPRUNG weight. This is a nice place to loose weight, so the suspension can react faster...

For the E36, BMW realized they could just make the arm a bit different, and use the same bushing across the board. I'm not sure if this was the smartest thing, but it allows us to move our front wheels around nicely!
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote