View Single Post
Old 05-02-2002, 03:28 PM   #1
J!m

Vehicles

I will be performing an OBD-II M3 engine swap into my OBD-II 318ti within the next month or so. The car is a 1998, and I ordered it new in '98.

All of the swaps I have seen have been converted to OBD-I (even the later OBD-II cars). this works fine, but is not how I do things.

I am contemplating making available (for a fee) a complete document with photos detailing all aspects of this swap for anyone who wants to learn from my extensive research (and thanks to all those who have helped me along the way). In it will be included sorces of supply, including many web-sites and the "right people to talk to" as you can go to the right place, and spend an hour talking to the wrong person...(been there).

If you are interested in this document, or would like to contribute bits of information, please let me know by e-mail.

I'm not going to get rich off this, but if time is valuable to you (not to mention money) I will be able to save you both with this document if you are interested in this swap. Once completed, it will be invaluable to anyone concidering this swap.

If you have done other engine swaps in the past, this is verry straightforward. The electronics are the hang-up, and as I type this I am doing research in that area.

E-mail me at jim.leach@sulzer.com
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote