View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
spidertri

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippintis View Post
This is a message to anyone who wants to save a headache. May not happen to you but I was shocked with the kind of service scott at stromungexhaust brings. Instead of going to understeer, I thought this would be a good place as he suggested he would try to ship out the muffler as soon as he could which made me order there. After ordering, I called three times the next day to change my shipping to expedited instead of UPS Ground. No answers, only to his answering machine which was full so you could not even leave a message. I left an email stating I would like my shipment to be expedited. No reply for three days. I called everyday 2 or 3 times at different times and same thing not a single answer.

I then left him this message which I thought was proper and stern so there were NO issues understanding it.

"Hey Scott, I have been emailing you and calling you everyday since I ordered the 318ti exhaust. It is supposed to ship out Monday but I want to change it to expedited shipping but you have not replied back with an email and I have called PLENTY times now. If you do not reply with the confirmation of my shipping being changed to expedited, then this email here should be the confirmation that I have already cancelled my order. If you ship it on Ground UPS on Monday, I will want a a refund and will NOT want to receive this product. Please get back to me if you want me to keep this purchase. Remember, if the item ships with UPS Ground it will be very unfortunate for me."

Five minutes later Scott writes back, "Your order has been canceled" (yes one l)

I immediately called the number again hoping he would be by the phone. He finally answered and I said,
"Hey is this Scott? I've been calling quite a few times, maybe you had an emergency with something?"
"No i'm training someone, who is this?"
"Brian, I have been calling you and emailing you about a 318ti muffler? Since you just replied saying you cancelled it, is there anyway I could have that shipped out still but pay extra for the expedited?"
"Yeah, I cancelled your order."
"Yes, but can I instead have it for expedited instead of Ground?"
"No, I cancelled your order, I didn't like the way you spoke to me."
"...what? lol" (me)
"Yeah, your gonna have to find something else for your car buddy."
AND HANGS UP THE PHONE!!

I'm writing this as well, to see some opinions on who was being an idiot here.
Sounds like you criticized him/his business and laid down an ultimatum. He did exactly what you asked and cancelled the order.

98 328ti Morea Grun slicktop
11 128i space gray slicktop
13 JGC WK2 Deep Cherry

Search | RealOEM
spidertri is offline   Reply With Quote