View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 10:13 AM   #1
neild

Default My 3.2 Compact Build slr,bc etc etc

Wasnt really sure where to put this but wanted to share my build for this year

Having had a good few compacts in the last few years, This one was basically going to be built with a lot of testing new equipment for when I build my ls2 compact later this year. Have a play and see what works and what doesn’t

So having seen this 318ti compact come up close by and it was a decent price with a long ticket on it jumped in the truck and collected.

I already had its new heart sitting in my container, Driftworks BDC driver Richard Grinrods 3.2 evo engine from his m3.
Car was fired down to my mates on the border and engine was put in. Conversion was easy enough only sticking point was the ecu as far as I was aware it was already ews deleted but couldn’t figure out why the car would start but kept cutting out. Up to my mate Gaz who is a wiz on ecu’s and a few hours later it was alive.

Now that the engine was running mint, it was time to concentrate on getting the car to a point of being able to do a skid.

Choice of diff for this one for now was my 4.44 out one of my old compacts, ebay coilovers I had sitting, Hydro fitted and threw in my track culture seat and a harness and went and had a play 

Now that I was happy with the running of the car it was time to take it back off the road and the build could begin

Up step Kyle @chizfab being good friends and neighbours with my bodyshop next door car was booked in
Spec list till now
: Standard body 318ti compact
: interior stripped, track culture bucket seat
: Sparco Harness
: 4.44 welded diff
: ebay coilovers
: pair of front schnitzer 17x8.5j
: cut hubs
:20mm spacers
Chizfab hydro

Work the car was going into chizfab for:
Interior: