View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 12:25 AM   #1
zboot

Cool zboot's 328ti Project - A couple years early

So,

I've bought a m52 2.8L from a 97 328is along with it's ECU and EWS module. Unfortunately, the keys to this vehicle are likely lost so I'll have to be towed to a dealer for realignment later (AAA Plus FTW).

This all started with my engine going kaput on a trip to upstate NY to buy parts from Rendoll so I could finally fix up my rear end. I still made it up there and got those parts.

Anyway, a swap was in the future of my car, just did not expect it to be so early.

So, I realized today that there is a major component I did not have - namely a 6cyl exhaust. This is a problem because I'm pretty much broke for the next 3 weeks . . . there are options. . .but I don't like them and neither would you.

I'm likely going to be bugging some of you guys with questions about stuff, so why don't I start now.

I've found a complete 96' 328is exhaust system for $250 + shipping. We've not firmed up the deal, so there is slight wiggle room in negotiation on price or extras.

Anyway, aside from the exhaust pieces themselves (cat + muffler), what else do I need from that car exhaust-wise? o2 sensors? connectors?

Also, from talking to the guy w/ the exhaust, I'm going to have to shorten it. About how much should I expect to pay for someone to weld together the pieces I cut? (I may just end up doing this myself. . .)

Now, I've got all the engine accessories + wiring harness and plan on using the 318ti radiator. Are there any other miscellaneous engine stuff that I may need or is the engine part just a bolt up and wire down?

This weekend will mainly be taking apart the front end of the car, removing the tranny, disconnecting engine stuff, fixing my window regulator, fixing the cheapo m3 replica bumper cover, and attempting to fix up the nose panel. Pictures should be up of the initial stuff Sunday
zboot is offline   Reply With Quote