View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 10:11 PM   #5
burner505

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADESTAR View Post
This car never ran that you've seen?
Correct. I have not seen the car run.
Quote:
I'd start with the basic stuff. Air , fuel, spark, compression.
No spark was detected with an inline spark tester while cranking. Fuel pump is working but does not prime when key is turned. Starter works.
Quote:
Why was someone jumping to starter?
Previous owner said he jumped the starter with 12v power to see if it was working. He did not have time or desire to work on the car anymore before I got it The starter does work and turns the engine while cranking with the key.
Quote:
When you said "cranking but no spark", was that with the key?
Yes, trying to start with the key.
Quote:
Not sure what happens when you put the key in it and try from the description.
It will crank. By cranking, I mean the starter engages and spins the engine. Does not sputter or sound like it wants to start. From what I understand from reading on here, if there was a fault with the key or EWS system, it would not allow the starter to engage.
Quote:
The stuff in that cubby will be the DME and the Auto trans unit. There aren't relays in there.
The reason I was checking there, I read that the DME unloader relay was in the DME compartment. But I didn't find anything that looked like a relay or a socket in the wiring harness from the DME
2015 Toyota Sienna SE 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2005 Pontiac Vibe 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE 1997 Honda Civic EX 1996 318ti 1995 Honda Civic DX Hatch 1989 Chrysler Conquest Tsi M/T 1977 Toyota Celica ST

Last edited by burner505; 10-21-2018 at 10:17 PM.
burner505 is offline   Reply With Quote